Are you interested in applying your analytical skills in the private equity and venture capital market? Do you want to be part of creating market leading portfolio and market analytics with best available data and tools? This might be an excellent opportunity for you, so keep reading!
- Contract: Permanent and full-time
- Location: Porkkalankatu 1, 00180 Helsinki & remote work option
- Start: As soon as possible
- Salary: Competitive, based on person’s level of experience
- End of application period: 2 May 2023
For the past five years, we at Tesi have been heavily investing into data infrastructure and our ability to improve advanced analytics around our investment portfolio and its operations. The improvements in data analytics have deepened our understanding of Finnish and international private equity & venture capital markets as well as improved our decision making in fund investments.
As a Senior Research Analyst you will be in the forefront of our development of analytics in market and industry research. Tesi’s development of portfolio and investment decision-making includes wide range of analyses and in the future also various forecast models. Your main tasks are to combine and enrich different databases and data streams and develop related analyses. With these, you will build improved portfolio decision making and market insight tools mainly for our fund investments.
In addition to working mainly on analytics and research, you will be a part of our investment team by supporting investment opportunity assessment and material preparation for decision-making as well as market insights. This will provide you with hands-on experience to complement your main tasks.
While your position is located on Fund Investment team, you will also work in close co-operation with our Strategy and Development team.
We are looking for a person with eagerness to apply their previous experiences into our context of work, an attention to detail and ability to perform analyses also in wider context. You are capable of processing and enriching complex information using modern data analytics and database tools. Creativity and insightful way of thinking are desirable features paired with an ability of high logical reasoning. With your development-minded attitude and analytical know-how you can bring new insights into our investment processes. Prior experience in financial markets helps you to enter the position but is not required.
- Preferably a university degree either with (but not limited to) technical, business or analytical / mathematical emphasis
- Previous work experience (2-4 years) on analytics and research combined with understanding of analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI) and database tools (e.g. SSIS, Alteryx)
- Programming skills (e.g. SQL, R, Python)
- Experience in algorithm-based analytics is valued, but not required
- A full working proficiency in both Finnish and English
We offer you
- Excellent opportunity to apply and develop your existing skillset in a highly collaborative environment both inside and outside Tesi
- Excellent opportunity to learn about the venture capital and private equity industry through versatile analyses and projects from day one
- Work with best datasets and being in forefront of applying AI tools into real life solutions
- Open atmosphere and culture with low hierarchy and supportive colleagues
- A comfortable office-space based in Helsinki, Ruoholahti, and a possibility for a hybrid working model
- Competitive salary with comprehensive occupational health services as well as sports, culture, and lunch benefits. We support our employees’ well-being and cherish a good work-life balance
At Tesi, we help Finnish growth companies to succeed. In addition, we develop and serve the entire Finnish venture capital and private equity market. With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a positive social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, and we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our team.
Excited? If you recognize yourself as our new talent, leave your application as soon as possible by clicking the link below.
For more information about the position and the recruiting process please contact S&S Consulting: Partner Sanna Leppäluoto, +358 50 344 6964 or Research Consultant Juho Vanhanen, + 358 40763 2440.
Tesi wants to raise Finland to the forefront of transformative economic growth. We develop the market, and work for the success of Finnish growth companies. We invest in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in growth companies. We provide long-running support, market insights, patient capital, and skilled ownership. tesi.fi | Twitter | LinkedIn | Newsletter