Do you have the motivation to work with data and the ability to turn data analyses into meaningful outcomes for the target audience? If yes, this could be your chance!
Our Strategy and Development team of eight works on Tesi’s company strategy, key development projects, internal and external market analysis as well as data and analytics for the purpose of decision making. As a trainee, you will be supporting the development team in conducting market analysis by data gathering and choosing relevant data points by, for example, preparing and managing surveys and questionnaires. You will also analyze and manage data, create presentations and visualizations to be published based on the analysis. During your traineeship, you will get to dig deeper on data modeling and analysis of, for example, deep tech companies. In this role you will be closely collaborating with colleagues from other teams as well as with external stakeholders. You can also familiarize yourself with other Tesi’s market reports.
This is how Sanni Virtanen, Tesi’s Strategy and Development Manager, describes working in the team: “In my work I get to lead strategic projects that have a central role in developing Tesi’s operations. It is motivating to see that the work we carry out at Tesi’s strategy and development team has a broader societal impact when it comes to questions such as sustainability on private equity market.”
At Tesi, we help Finnish growth companies to succeed. In addition, we develop and serve the entire Finnish venture capital and private equity market. With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a positive social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, and we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our team.
Read more about our reviews to Tesi’s trainee program from alumni. You can find out more about the current trainees and their backgrounds here and here. Information about the spring -23 trainees here.
- Relevant university degree or you are finalizing your studies for example in (but not limited to) business, finance, accounting, analytics, technology, or similar fields
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. from summer job) that has included analytics
- Motivation to work with data and ability to turn data analysis into meaningful outcomes for the target audience
- Independent and accurate working style
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge on BI-tools are seen as an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
We offer you
- Possibility to work across the organization with different investment teams and excellent opportunity to understand private equity market dynamics first hand
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one – work with proprietary data that contains unique information about Finnish companies and analyze the development
- Opportunity to deepen your analysis skills and work with large data sets. You get to do modern analysis and visualizations with Tableau
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career. Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including startups, private equity funds, and management consulting companies or continued their career at Tesi
- Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas. The atmosphere is truly low hierarchical and the culture is very open and talkative
- Monthly salary of EUR 3,000 with comprehensive occupational health services as well as sports, culture, and lunch benefits. We support our employees’ well-being and cherish a good work-life balance
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records at the latest 3 September through aTalent’s website, behind the link below. In this position, you will be directly employed by Tesi.
Join us for breakfast on 25 August at 9:00 am at Lapland Hotels Boulevard and hear more about us and our trainee programme. Apply for the event.
For more information about the Trainee position, please contact Tesi’s Strategy and Development Manager Sanni Virtanen (050 553 1312) on Thursday 24.8. at 09.00-09.45 and Wednesday 30.8. at 16.00-16.30.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Talent Acquisition Partner Laura Seppä (040 557 9389, laura.seppa[at]atalent.fi) at following times: Thursday 24.8. at 12-13 or Thursday 31.8. at 14.00-15.30.
Tesi wants to raise Finland to the forefront of transformative economic growth. We develop the market, and work for the success of Finnish growth companies. We invest in private equity and venture capital funds, and also directly in growth companies. We provide long-running support, market insights, patient capital, and skilled ownership. tesi.fi | Twitter | LinkedIn | Newsletter